Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Adobe Automated Batching

A new day at Antarctic Press. This time, with less boxes. Got to work 10 minutes late for reasons I should probably not say (it involved a lot of Cattle and Rhubarb).


My first instruction was to convert old .tiff and .psd files into .jpg while decreasing their resolution to 150. A simple task but when you consider the amount of files I would have to do that to (think 48 pages PER disk) and how many disks there were (8 disks), not to mention the computer terminal I had to use (make-you-want-to-stab-your-tendons slow); all these obstacles make this out to be one of the most tediously slow things I ever had to do. Thank goodness for Adobe Photoshop.


Adobe was able to do it all for me without me actually being there. This was I was able to go around the office taking more pictures of things and people. Decided to start with a more detailed look at [name not found]s action figures.



He also has a Kaneda (from Akira) action figure but it was upside down and I didn't think he would be comfortable with me picking up his stuff so I let it be. Perhaps another day.








One thing that you may notice is the number of comics on shelves around the entire building and I'm not talking about just AP comics, just many manga related things including Shojobeat, Newtype, anime music sheets and much more both translated and untranslated.

Luckily one man, Ray Elliot, knows where everything is. If there is anything you need but have no idea where it is, Ray will point or hand it to you almost as if he didn't need to remember where it was kept. I guess that makes the office more his than anyone elses. (Don't quote me)

So when Rod Espinosa was trying to explain how he uses Google Sketchup in his work (I will rant about this in detail some other time) and needed to find Issue 3 of The Prince of Heroes guess who handed it to him... thats right... Ray!

Also theres this dog... don't know much about this dog yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment