Monday, June 1, 2009

First Day



Here I am at my first day as an Intern in Antarctic Press. I wonder what they'll have me do. Will they make me color some flats? Will they show me how to operate the printing press? Will they make me manage the Website? So many possibilities.


Turns out my first day, just so happened to be the very day where interns are desired the most. Its shipping day, where Diamond distributor company, or something like that, send comics in boxes all over the US. So These boxes...


... were manually carried down one by one down to the sidewalk, in a very Egyptian-pyramid-laborer fashion. Eventually we got them stacked downstairs like so:


and then I got to meet some of the nicest members of any business I have ever seen, it's just too bad that my camera was out of power so I didn't get to take any of their pictures. The office is any comic or general young cartoonists dream. Its smallish but chucked full of comic-distributing goodness. There are stacks upon stacks of many different comics, posters everywhere, how to draw books, and original works by the artists on paper, prints, and other such random places.



Anyway I can't wait for my second day. Hopefully I can finally remember all their names. Maybe I should do some sort of spotlight thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment