Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Proofreading for Tpyos

For some reason I never ever considered the fact that manga used text and therefore, must be proofread. I guess you get caught up in the medium and you forget that it is a mixture of things; one of which is text. So today I got to proofread a bunch of to-be-released comics.


AP Intern Force Member Aaron, here, got the next Gold Digger while Eugene got the next issue of Bad Kids Go to Hell (I think it was Issue #3). I wasn't so lucky.


You see, while those gentlemen got comics to proofread, I got a Gold Digger Tech Manual which is, essentially, a book of text which detail the instruments, equipments and machines which Gina Diggers, the main character of the series, utilizes through the GD universe. The manual used complex text; Complex in that it has scientific, pseudo-scientific and context based terms that someone with knowledge of the Gold Digger universe would probably find completely intriguing.
Seeing as I am only half way through the first gold digger pocket manga, I have quite a bit more to learn before I could get the full impact of the stats for the items listed in it.

However, reading through this, I was amazed by how much consideration goes into all the items that appear in the comics. I generally accepted that the items have their usages and am fine with simply knowing their capabilities. But that was not enough for Mr. Perry. Apparently, the items have connections with similar or interchangeable power sources and configurations that repeat themselves for varying effects. After reading through the manual, I had been made so much more knowledgeable and confident about GD.


You know, it's summer and that means very hot weather here in Texas. Thats why it's important to keep hydrated with cool water from the Water Cooler/Dispenser that DOES NOT COOL the water. Aparently its coolant is broken so that puts a damper on things for me. For some reason bananas and room-temperature water make me want to throw up so the water fountain works against me.

But I wont go down without a fight. Lucky for me, the heating part works and it dispenses hot water. I happen to enjoy drinking tea and so I will drink lots of tea. I read somewhere that it opens up your pores and lets in cooler air or something. Supposed to be more efficient that drinking cool water.

Take that, Bad Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment